Monday, August 27, 2007

US U-17's to Face Germany in Round of 16

Very unfortunate draw for the Americans. Germany is a tough, very physically mature side that has been in hot form throughout the tournament. They finished atop their group with a total of 11 goals scored, second only to the Brazil side which thrashed New Zealand 7-0. I'm no journalist, just a lowly pundit, and therefore I have license to publish my opinion: the US won't succeed this match. If, however, we did manage to upset the rampant Germans (they did concede 5 goals in 3 matches, including 3 vs. Columbia and shutting out only T&T), I would gladly eat my share of humble pie.

Match to watch: Brazil vs. Ghana. ESP-ARG/ENG-BRZ are probably still the matches of the tournament, but we'll just wait and see.

View the full Round of 16 draw here.

No comments: