Thursday, July 5, 2007

Chelsea Signs The Duck?

Finally I get to post about my Chelsea. I was waiting for some good news (Robben leaving is not good news, and Lampard isn't any better) and this news seems good enough:

Chelsea may have signed young Brazilian standout Pato, depending on whether Goal.com are making educated guesses or not. Consensus is that Chelsea are the frontrunners in the race to sign this kid; whether terms were accepted is yet unclear.

Pato is currently on national duty with the Brazil U-20's in Canada, who face a resurgent US squad on Friday, July 6th. I hear he's got quite an ego about himself.

This is good. This is great. My problem is, compared to Torres and Anderson and Nani, all of whom could actually make an impact on the club in the coming season, I'm not sure Pato will be helping anyone lift a trophy until he's at least 19. But this gives me hope; between Kalou, Mikel, Sahar, and The Duck, Chelsea in the 2010-11 season will be amazing.

In other Chelsea news, Robben is still probably going to leave, Lampard is still probably going to sulk, Chelsea might sign Chimbonda because Alves is too expensive, Alex is coming home, and everyone still considers Chelsea a juggernaut with the ability to take home another Premiership title. I'm still probably going to pray for Euro glory, however.

No comments: