Monday, January 21, 2008

Marcelo Gallardo to DC??

Well, it's been since November. Just wanted to check back in. I'm well, thanks for asking.

Here's my silly season contribution:

Goal.com is reporting that Marcelo Gallardo is headed Stateside the next few days to sign a contract with an MLS club rumored to be DC United after our pursuit of Veron was scuppered by La Brujita himself. This makes a lot of sense, especially when you consider the situation with Gomez. Last I checked, negotiations had stalled and rumors had started. I heard something about Gomez to Colorado. I laughed out loud, but in light of this rumor, I might be inclined to take it a little more seriously.

Update:

Dammit, Ives, with your intrepid reporting and substantiated information. And dammit, Red Bull-- wait, no, you can have him. I'm still holding out for Sheva.

While I'm checking in, shout outs to Ives for going independent (his blog is fantastic, nigh on orgasmical for we MLS junkies) and to MLS Rumors for stepping it up a notch. The MLS is truly inferior to the EPL in one very important publicity-getting arena: tabloids. Good to know MLSR is on top of things.

And shout out to Fullback, just cause.

No comments: